Ok so I realize that I have kind of abandoned my blog. Let’s call it writer’s block. I do have great things to report health wise. But one of my friends challenged me to a November writing challenge. Where we have to write something every day. I accepted thinking; hey this is a great way to get back into the swing of things. So far, so good. This is my first installment. I hope that you enjoy. I promise a blog about my new found sight, that will be beyond mind blowing :), is on it’s way.
Five problems with Social Media
- When you are friends with your boss on FB and he doesn’t know that you are hunting for a new job but your real world friends do and they post “Good Luck on your Interview today!” I guess it’s a good thing that you were interviewing. Because now you really need to.
- That picture that you took on vacation that you posted without realizing that it made you look like a porn star! Enough said!
- Ex boyfriends who take your friendliness as more than “ I really hate you but I am an adult now and there for will treat you with the respect that all human beings deserve.” And what they really hear is “I’m still in love with you.” And then there posts or comments on your posts wreak havoc on your marriage. UHG! Unfriend them!!!!
- For people in the political world. Anything. Anything other than shaking hands with people making a difference to better humanity. Those pictures showing off your extravagant vacation/car/house….. not good. Those religious comments…. Not good. Being friends with anyone of the opposite sex that is not your husband…. Um….. you may not actually be having an affair but these people will make up anything that sounds sensational and will hurt your next campaign. Oh and avoid all bridge type scenarios. 🙂
Ok do we really need more than that? So far you are a Porn Star that lost your job and burned down your political career and are now in the process of a divorce. I may delete my FB account now. 🙂 oh wait.
- And maybe the most important. You have kids. You post pictures of these beautiful fun loving creatures. You are stupid enough to put your address, the address of their schools, on your page. You are also stupid enough to have your page open to anyone that wants to troll it. Some sicko finds your page and starts stalking your kids. I don’t want to go further. Let’s all use our imaginations here. Or not. I want to be able to sleep at night and be able to let me kids out of my site for at least school. 🙂
I say all of these things because I am playing devil’s advocate. I am clearly on FB and having no problems. You just need to be smart about what you post and who you talk to and for gods sake people keep your security near and dear to your heart!