Day from Hell

06 Jan

Alright so yesterday was like the day from hell. I’ve never done this before, but I called in sick. Which is funny because my kids are my job. But I called both of their schools and said sorry they are sick and they aren’t coming in. Of course they were fine. I was just in too much pain to get behind the wheel of a car. I do draw some lines.  Now writing this, it sounds kind of sad. I really was in an unimaginable amount of pain though. It just went against all of my thought processes.
So what was wrong with me you ask? Did it have anything to do with MS? I don’t think so.
Ever since I was little I have gotten really bad headaches. Doctors have called them migraines. I’ve never been medicated for it and I never really took it seriously. Everyone gets headaches after all. Right? Well recently they have been much worse. Not really sure when that started. When I get them I am pretty much immobile. Any movement, or talking at all makes me violently ill. In the gross sense of the term. I have previously thought that it was a sinuous situation, but allergy medicine just makes it worse, if that’s possible. Tylenol is useless, for all things, not just this. My last Nero suggested Aleve, which on normal headaches works like a charm. But on these is useless. So I talked to my new Nero about it, since of course I wonder if everything is an MS thing. He said that it’s possible. Headaches are a common symptom of MS. But really I’m concerned that there is yet another thing wrong with my brain. So asking a Neurologist seemed like the right thing to do. He said that we would look into it after I’d been on Tysabri for a little while. Not wanting to start too many new things on me at once and all that.
So thank goodness the kids behaved for me. I managed to get out of bed and take an ibuprofen around noon. Then after feeding the kids lunch, I took a 2 hour nap. That was nice. I started to feel better around 4. Which of course was when Rich came home. I swear he plans shit this way. (j/k love u)
When I woke up this morning without a headache it was like a new world. I did forget to take my Celexa yesterday though. I wonder if that’s a problem? I feel fine today so I’m just going to keep trekking like nothing happened.

Leave a comment

Posted by on January 6, 2012 in Life with MS



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: